Monday, May 14, 2012

The internet war for freedom: Another conservative voice silenced

The internet war for freedom: Another conservative voice silenced

Posted by Judson Phillips on May 13, 2012  

In case you are not aware of it, there is a massive war being fought in cyberspace.  No, this is not the Chinese hacking American systems.  But this one is just as vital.  The far left is doing its best to silence conservative voices on the Internet.  One of the major battlefields right now is twitter where conservatives are being silenced by having their accounts suspended for no reason.  High profile conservatives are getting their accounts reinstated.  Others are not so lucky. 

Now another conservative voice has had his blog shut down by Google. 

From Breitbart.com. 

(The article was written by Christian Browne)

The New York Conservative was a blog hosted by Google Blogger. I started the blog in February of this year and had posted 17 columns prior to the KSM entry, commenting on political matters and issues affecting the Catholic Church. I would post my entries on Facebook and occasionally would email a link to friends or other interested parties. I received no complaints about the blog whatsoever. 

On Monday, the pro-U.S. security group Secure American Now posted a link to my KSM piece on its website. The link received numerous hits and generated multiple comments on the Secure America Now page. 

However, a few hours after Secure America Now linked to the New York Conservative, I received a form email, no reply possible, from Google Blogger informing me that the New York Conservative had been deleted. The email classified my blog as “spam” in violation of Google’s terms of service. There was no further explanation. My URL was dead; all of the content, everything I ever posted, was gone. 

I made two telephone calls to Google to protest and demand a reason for the deletion of my blog. The Google representatives told me that Google does not provide “live support” for Google Blogger, meaning you cannot speak with anyone at all about the deletion. The representatives directed me to the Google Blogger website, where the company extols its commitment to free speech and its great reluctance to censor its bloggers. 

Obviously, I do not know why Google deleted my blog, but it's awfully odd that The New York Conservative was summarily executed after a post in which I called for the summary execution of KSM. Could it be that Google found the post politically incorrect and therefore offensive? Could it be that Google thought the post was dangerous because it had potential to incite Islamists? 

Given the company’s self-proclaimed devotion to free speech, I think Google ought to explain why it deleted the blog. 

If you are a conservative, you are a target.  A few years ago, the battleground was FaceBook, where conservative activists, including myself, had accounts disabled and deleted for no apparent reason.  Some of us, including me, were lucky and got our accounts back.  Others were not so fortunate. 

Make no mistake.  The far left does not like the competition of ideas.  They never have because their ideas not only suck, they lose in the market place of ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment