Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lady Gag Gag hijacks the National Anthem to promote homosexuality

 

 

 

 

New post on Fellowship of the Minds

 

Lady Gag Gag hijacks the National Anthem to promote homosexuality

by DCG

NY Daily News: Not even hip surgery could keep Lady Gaga away from performing at New York's Gay Pride Parade Kick Off Rally.

In her first public appearance since she was forced to cancel her tour due  to injury, the "Born This Way" singer, 27, joined throngs of fans to celebrate  the start of pride weekend.

The diva, known for her vocal support of the LGBT community, gave a stirring  speech about how much the support of her gay fans has meant to her.

"When I was in high school and grade school and younger, I was considered to  be an outcast and I just couldn't find my place," she said. "Where did I fit in?  And I look back on that time and I remember feeling that I was cut from a  different mold. "

"There was a particular crowd who did accept me," she continued. "There was a  particular crowd who made room for me at their table, who held me up when I felt I couldn't, who loved me for exactly who I was. It was you. "

"You saved me, my friends in the LGBT community, time and time again. And I saw God for the first real time in all of you."

The New York native, born Stefani Germanotta, praised the last week's Supreme Court ruling overturning the Defense of Marriage Act and slammed recent homophobia-spurred attacks in the city. "The violence that has taken place towards LGBTs in the past moths is unacceptable here and anywhere," the singer announced.

"We are not a niche. We are a part, a big giant part of humanity," Gaga said.  "It's time for us to be mainstream. I demand the rights! To safe streets!"

Gaga closed her appearance with a version of "The Star-Spangled Banner,"  substituting a lyric to commemorate the ocassion: "Oh say does that star-spangled flag of pride yet wave.”

Gag.

DCG

DCG | June 30, 2013 at 3:30 am | Tags: Lady Gaga, National Anthem | Categories: Gays | URL: http://wp.me/pKuKY-miD

Comment

   See all comments

 

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/lady-gag-gag-hijacks-the-national-anthem-to-promote-homosexuality/

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment